Bonaplex Syrup contains Cyproheptadine, Multivitamin and Protein as active ingredients
When not to use Bonaplex Syrup
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Bladder neck obstruction
- Cyproheptadine and other drugs of similar chemical structure
- Elderly or debilitated patients
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor therapy
- Newborn or premature infants
- Nursing mothers
- Stenosing peptic ulcer
Interactions with Bonaplex Syrup
- Calcitriol capecitabine
Frequently asked Questions
Is Bonaplex Syrup safe to use when pregnant?
- Cyproheptadine: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
- Multivitamin: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
- Protein: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
Is Bonaplex Syrup safe while breastfeeding?
- Cyproheptadine: No
- Multivitamin: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- Protein: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Can Bonaplex Syrup be used for growth and development in children and perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis?Yes, growth and development in children and perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis are among the most common reported uses for Bonaplex Syrup. Please do not use Bonaplex Syrup for growth and development in children and perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis without consulting first with your doctor. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as common uses for Bonaplex Syrup.
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when using this product?If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Bonaplex Syrup medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Bonaplex Syrup. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, the government’s categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
Can i stop using this product immediately or do I have to slowly wean off the use?Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.
Information on Bonaplex Syrup
Missing a dose
Overdosage of Bonaplex Syrup
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Bonaplex Syrup, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Bonaplex Syrup
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Bonaplex Syrup.
Expired Bonaplex Syrup
- Taking a single dose of expired Bonaplex Syrup is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drugs. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.